- Inspire people to create their own, personally-voiced documentaries.
- Help students share their stories with others, across cultural boundaries.
- Encourage participants to feel a part of our international community of friends.
- Stories can communicate deep, personal meaning.
- Everyone has stories to share, and has the need to both tell their stories and be heard.
- Sharing our stories fosters understanding and friendship, and doing so cross-culturally fosters cross-cultural understanding and friendship.
- Skills in digital technology are crucial to thrive in the world today.
- The current abundance and relative low cost of digital tools and communication technologies provide us a unique opportunity to create and share our stories with others worldwide.
- Creating a documentary is easier than most people think, and a whole lot of fun!
- Encourage the sharing of impactful stories from our personal world of experience.
- Use technological resources people and communities already possess.
- Emphasize learning by doing, over learning by showing, over learning by telling.
- Capitalize on the experience and expertise that already exists in each community and group of workshop participants.
- Collaborate when possible to promote learning, economy of resources, teamwork, and friendship.
- Encourage students to experiment with different forms of digital media and their combination.
- Emphasize creativity and fun!